Checking the text in side bar

Monday, May 08, 2006

First Critical lesson

Yeah I have joined ISB. And it has been few weeks. Place is great and so are the learning opportunities. As always said that you learn most of the things out side class room. And that what you will learn from your batchmates would probably be more valuable than what you learn from professors. Hey I don't mean any offence to amazing faculty of this institute. I am just setting some perspective here and a little exaggeration is required to set it right. Now you wondering well what did I learn? hmmm I would be glad if you could even get a hint, well here is "the story" anyway.

I came to this place and I am excited like hell (refer post: I resigned). I met people and I made friends. Yeah I thought I made friends. Sure we are different people but then we gonna have some kind of belonging for all our lives whether we like it or not. I didn't think this then and certainly not this way. I was just too excited to meet new people and make new friends. There are some people whom you find friendly and nice, and who you think are genuenly interested in life of yours, so you LIKE them (peOPle) and then there are those who you just pass. So you decided to remove all your covers and share about you with these peOPle, yeah I mean just being childish and talk without thinking, emailing without (second) thoughts and all that. AND BOOM. oNe among such peOPle does something. oNe shares your personal email to oNe with others (oNe' friends) and make stories. I felt disappointed. I can't think why, but I felt disappointed. Are my expectations so high from peOPle? I sure dunno. ..... Alright alright story is fine now what's the lesson. I won't give you that so easily, would I? No.

Then an angel came. anGel is also among those peOPle whom I have liked, fortunately. anGel told me not to coverse anything with peOPle or people in writting or in way that could be hold against me. anGel tells me that I am getting seasoned. Truth is I got hurt, but then that is how MBAs talk. "Nobody gets hurt, they only get seasoned." anGel told me to be careful and think before I am being myself especially with peOPle. And I said sure I will. I feel elated that there are collegues of mine who take things in perspective. Who know what all this world is about, and who is standing on which side. anGel told me to be more thoughtful about my deeds. So you think that is the lesson that I learnt, well don't jump to conclusion that fast.

Lesson, ok here it is. There are all kinds of people in the world. Among these people there are some peOPle whom you like and then there are others. Among peOPle there are some oNes and there are some anGels, some disappoint and some come to you to stand by you. Lesson that I learnt, if there are oNes around you, there are anGels too. Don't let any oNes disappoint you or make you change and appreciate anGels and get inspired from them. In short, you gonna find all kind of people in the world, don't let some nerds affect your life, coz every such nerd you gonna find some goody. Now its on you, whose the person that makes impact on your life.

I made my choice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swapnil said...

Please elaborate "I mate people"

5:20 PM  
Blogger Black Window said...

I mate people -

the word mate has three meanings as verb.

1. Make love
2. Bring two objects, ideas, or people together
3. Place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game

Though I want most to chose the 2nd meaning but most people rather chose 1st. So I am changing "mate" to "met".

Thanks for your comments.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't have put it better. Welcome to the real world. The key is to learn and move on. But moving on involves being better, being careful. People come, people go. Your mind and your soul are the determinants of what you are and what you will become.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caps in peOPle, oNe and anGel are hint towards some name?

-Abhi

12:18 AM  
Blogger Black Window said...

No, They mean nothing.

Though I wish I was that creative to make them mean something. :)

But no I am not.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home