Checking the text in side bar

Saturday, May 20, 2006

12 Years in 8' X 12'

I am frust. You may choose not to read this article.

It started when I was 14 Years old. My father one told me that he plans to put in boarding school for secondary education. I joined Lala Kamlapat Singhania education center in July, 1995 as 9th standard student. I wasn't sad, was rather excited. We were 4 guys sharing a room or rather a hall. And all my luggage could be packed in 2 bags. I started a life out of home and I didn't realize I am gonna live like that for next 12 years or probably more. School was fun, we used to play games, bunk classes and ogle girls with gang. I didn't need my parents, except for monthly cheques, which I always got well in advance. I never felt homesick. I stayed in boarding school for 3 years. I learned to eat non-veg, drink beer and appreciate woman anatomy. Then one day I left my hostel and all my gang, never come across most of them till now.

I packed my two bags and came to Kota, for IIT coaching. I stayed with my parents to start with. Even though I had a 8' X 12' room which I didn't have to share with anything but books. And no-one ever really disturbed me or my stuff, it wasn't exactly hostel. I had my own keys for main door but somehow my mom will always know at what time I came back to my room. I didn't like it. So I took a room in Kota, away from my home and closer to coaching center. I made some friends. Life was good again, watch late night shows of those movies, drink beer and smoke. Eat burgers and miss dinners. I did study too and made it to IIT kanpur. Luggage was again packed in 2 bags and say goodbye to people whom I will never meet again.

I stayed in IIT Kanpur for 4 years. First three years in a room 18' X 18' sharing with others and then I got a 8' X 12' for myself for the final year. I learned to play computer games, hack email boxes, download songs and movies and spread viruses. Life just turned around. Be awake all night, share my innovative ideas, whims, principles with who ever cared to listen. Sleep in all lectures, lecture halls were air-conditioned and professor were doing good job to make me sleep. Mess food was awesome so I preferred to miss it. Breakfast didn't exist as meal. Yes I had lunch in mess and dinner was on canteen. I liked idea of surviving on Chicken Biryani, Pizzas and Coke. Maggi was a daily evening snack. I am glad I am still in touch with few people but its not the same. I am busy and they are busy.

I got job, thanks to my college reputation. I moved to Gurgaon with that 2 bags of luggage. I wanted to be a Structural Engineer and design another wonder but I soon learned that wonder designers don't get to live in them. They live in 8' X 12' on sharing basis. My father stopped pocket money so I had to learn to cook for myself. I did it for 6 months. Think about it, go to office for 8 hours and come back home in the AutoRickshaws of Gurgaon and cook food for yourself. Hey but good thing, I had friends with whom I cooked and bought Vodkas and cigrettes. I had to pacify myself on icecream cone by McDonald's and Pizzas were only once in a fortnight luxury. My idea of babe-watching was to stand in Delhi PVRs. And all my shoppings were from Big-Bazaar. I didn't like it so I moved to softwares.

I came to Bangalore in May, 2000 with my two bags. I bought car in less than 6 months. Though the room size didn't change but I know didn't have to share it with someone else. Life looked amazing. I made so many friends. I learned to go to discos and booze all night. Race cars in night and go for long drives. Bangalore felt like my city. I had half my dinners in classy restaurants and all parties in 5 stars. Motto of the life- live in office for 15 hours and come back to my 8' X 12' for 5 hours. I lived with people whom I didn't see for days, or should I say they didn't see me for days. In casual cloths there was hardly a brand that I knew about and I didn't have. Then someone told me MBA would be a good idea and I said good-bye to everyone.

So I came to ISB to live in another 8' X 12'.

12 years of my life has been spent with 2 bags of luggage and in a room of 8' X 12'. 12 years I am trying to educate myself to make me worthy of this world. This SUCKS. I feel like prisoner who have been on move from one place to another. I am supposed to do some duties and I get to live for that. I am sick now, I can't drink and I can't smoke. I am physically unfit. I am scared of making friends, as I know I would have to same them goodbye soon and never see them again. Will I spend rest of my life like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home