Checking the text in side bar

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Oops I did it again

I wrote this to my follow classmates.


From: Deepak Mittal
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:57 AM
To: Anupam Anand; Siddhant Bhansali
Cc: Students07
Subject: RE: Economics Mid-term - comments?

Dear Anupam,

You could have sent this mail only to Siddhant. And so could I, but what to do, I was a software engineer as well.

Siddhant,

You doing good job. I would appreciate if you continue to do so.

- Deepak

PS. And Anupam, just because you are not running for any post doesn’t give you right/luxury to spam my mailbox. “spare the group”, I would have been glad if you knew what it meant.


From: Anupam Anand
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:53 AM
To: Siddhant Bhansali
Cc: Students07
Subject: RE: Economics Mid-term - comments?

Dear Siddhanth,

I am grateful that you are so concerned about all of us (it didn’t occur to me that several guys have been so concerned about all of us in this election season).

However, I really don’t see how you would see “if we can improve the process for the next time”, unless Ms Savita Mahajan has offered you the position being vacated by Sunita Chatta. Even then, I don’t find any way to “improve the process”. As one of the ad goes, “gaur se dekho, har ghar kuchh kehta hai”, you look at questions carefully and you will find the only surprise factor they had was surprise. There are guys and girls who have successfully attempted all questions (no, I am not one of them).

Therefore, I request you to curtail your philanthropic activities and stop being so concerned about us. I don’t speak on behalf of Students07, but I would rather not receive any more spamming mails from you.

A friendly suggestion: As an ex-software engineer, I know the temptation to write crappy mails is irresistible, so, next time your hands itch, please expand the Students07 list and remove my name. I don’t want access rights to this group getting revoked because most of other mails have been quite helpful.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Anupam Anand.

PS: I am not running for any post, am not desirous of any publicity and these are my own views. You or anyone else is most welcome to discuss with me personally, but please spare the group by not “replying to all”. And rest of the batch-mates, I am sorry to spam your mailboxes.


From: Siddhant Bhansali
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 5:03 PM
To: Students07
Subject: Economics Mid-term - comments?

I think everyone had a very interesting experience with the Eco mid-term today… Can folks reply to me alone (do not reply-all) with comments / thoughts / suggestions / what-when-wrong / what-went-right (J) – I’ll compile the results and see if we can improve the process for next time…

Please reply by Saturday end of day. The comments will be anonymized.

Thanks,

Siddhant Bhansali





This is what I intended to write:



From: Deepak Mittal
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:57 AM
To: Anupam Anand; Siddhant Bhansali
Cc: Students07
Subject: RE: Economics Mid-term - comments?

Dear Anupam,

You could have sent this mail only to Siddhant. And so could I, but what to do, I was a software engineer as well.

Siddhant,

You doing good job. I would appreciate if you continue to do so.

All,

This is NOT a spam. I believe we would be better managers if we knew how to address people properly in public forums like this.

- Deepak



I guess I will just pacify myself by putting it here. I am glad that you are reading it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vinay Pandey said...

Retaliation is never a good idea ... It is probably the easiest thing to do as well.

It was kind of depressing to see these kinds of mail in my mailbox. but it's great to see you come out and confess, cheers mate!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home