Checking the text in side bar

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A greeting found

Imagine this day.

I woke at 7:30 in the morning. I had gone to bed at 2:30 AM last night, so i am little sleepy. But what the hell, I got a class to attend at 8:45. There is 2.5% class participation points in the first class and there is going to be a 5% quiz in the next. Somehow reading notes, I reached in the class at 8:46. I sat through both the classes and going through pre-reads and lecture notes in the class-breaks. No breakfast no meal. Classes get over at 1:15 PM. I run back to my room so that i can get ready for the scholarship interview at 2:40. I shaved myself while going through my application. I took a shower, while revising the possible questions and answers. Wore suit and searched net for information on Citibank and banking simultaneously. I reached interview site at 2:35. And yet I was late. My name had been called earlier. Anyway I waited for 20 minutes and sat through my first interview which lasted for 15 minutes, which went well. At 3:30 I went to cafe to buy a veg-puff and went to shop for an apple. I hadn't eaten anything since the morning. I came to my room at 3:50. I loosened my tie and opened the laptop. Got the email at 4:00 that I was short-listed for the second interview and I am supposed to report to interview (AC-4) site right away. So I again tightened my tie and walked to the AC-4. I got an interview fixed at 5:00 PM. So I borrowed a laptop and started reading about banking, Citibank etc. right outside AC-4. They kept telling me that it is postponed for 10 minutes after every 10 minute. Thus I waited for 2 hours outside in full suit, and trying to make sense of all the web-pages I was going through. I entered the interview room at 6 and was thrown out at 6:10. It went pretty bad. Anyway, I came back to my room, changed to more casual cloths. At 6:30 I was walking towards academic area with laptop in my hand as we needed to submit an assignment next day. We ordered Pizzas as there was not enough time to go for dinner. From 7 PM till 4:00 AM in the morning we worked on this assignment. I finally came to my room at 4:30 in the morning. It had been 21 hours, since I was awake and didn't have a minute to relax. Then I see it on my study desk.

It was yellow envelope. "Happy Birthday Deepak" was written over it. I instantly forgot all the pain that I had gone through in all day. I smiled, put down my bag and lifted the envelope. I opened the envelope to see a really beautiful greeting card from one my quad-mates. Feeling was amazing. I had totally relaxed. I took time to go through the card carefully. Even though I had to wake up at 8 again in the morning, I took my time to hang the card on wall carefully. It was the best thing that happened to me in weeks. Thanks Bankim. It was very special. Would you believe I haven't yet mate Bankim and thanked him personally? But that is what I will do as soon as I finish my next assignment ;).


Post a Comment

<< Home